Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
LeAnne LeAnne is offline

Default Emailing Word 2007 documents to others

If I'm attaching my Word 2007 document to an email, I save it in the 97-2003
version. Even when I do this, the person who receives the attachment sees
the document all wonky and funnily spaced.

I don't know why this is happening.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Even though you are saving to 97-2003, if you used Word's new fonts (Calibri,
Cambria, etc.) and if the recipient does not have these fonts, Word will
substitute another one. The same characters in different fonts of the same
size will usually have different widths. If standard (every 1/2 inch) tabs
and spaces are used to align items such as in a list, misalignments could
happen. That could result in wonky documents on the other end. Other things
that could show up are lines that are longer or shorter than they are in
your document.

The fix is to use fonts that are available in W2003 in document you need to
share.

Note that people who have loaded the compatibility pack have the new fonts.
But others, probably not.

HTH,
PamC

Leanne wrote:
If I'm attaching my Word 2007 document to an email, I save it in the 97-2003
version. Even when I do this, the person who receives the attachment sees
the document all wonky and funnily spaced.

I don't know why this is happening.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Both Arial and Times New Roman are in W2003. So the font must not be the
problem, and if you've been careful about that, you probably also worked in
compatibility mode to be sure you wouldn't use features that would not
transfer well--if at all--like some of the new text box capabilities. So I
guess we have to call on the experts for more help.

Sorry about that,
PamC

Leanne wrote:
Thanks for the info! However, I tend to use Arial. Maybe I should try Times
New Roman 10?

Even though you are saving to 97-2003, if you used Word's new fonts (Calibri,
Cambria, etc.) and if the recipient does not have these fonts, Word will

[quoted text clipped - 19 lines]

I don't know why this is happening.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

There are a number of factors which could be involved, including the
settings of your email software & the fact that the recipient most likely
has a completely different printer/driver.

If you want them to see your document as designed send a PDF instead of a
Word document as the attachment. If they need to be able to edit what you
send them, send *both* a PDF & the doc. In either case Zip the file(s)
before attaching.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac