Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Fran[_2_] Fran[_2_] is offline

Default Help Please!

I don't use Word tables much, but I created a nice one-page "newsletter"
using it. I wanted to be able to copy and paste it as an email message,
rather than as an attachment. However, I cannot seem to paste it into an
Outlook Express New Message box as it appears on my Word page. The top and
bottom look great, but the middle section is not in line and appears far out
to the right side and I am unable to move it.

All assistance is appreciated. Thank you in advance,
Fran

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Kate Kate is offline

I'm no expert but have had experience sending Word documents & tables through
Outlook mail. It may look perfect on your end but it may not show up on all
email servers the way you intend it to look. Fonts, colors & formatting can
get changed & so even though you had a great looking newsletter it will just
be text to some people - no columns or anything.

Even if you do send it as an attachment, you could lose formatting & fonts
when recipients open depending on their printer settings, etc. If sending as
an attachment, pdf it - then it will definitely look the same way to every
recipient.

To send in the body of the email you need to save it as a picture. Possibly
try, selecting & copying the whole document, paste it into Paint & then save
it as a picture file. Then insert picture in Outlook.

"Fran" wrote:

I don't use Word tables much, but I created a nice one-page "newsletter"
using it. I wanted to be able to copy and paste it as an email message,
rather than as an attachment. However, I cannot seem to paste it into an
Outlook Express New Message box as it appears on my Word page. The top and
bottom look great, but the middle section is not in line and appears far out
to the right side and I am unable to move it.

All assistance is appreciated. Thank you in advance,
Fran

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

E-mail uses html format for formatted documents where as Word uses Word
document format. The two have different formatting requirements. You can't
simply send a Word document as the body of an e-mail message and expect the
recipient to view it as the original Word document. If you want the document
to appear exactly as it appears in Word then you need to send it as a PDF
format attachment. Otherwise work with the document in Word's Web view.