Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Wooster Wooster is offline

Default Auto date complete

Hello

I'm in the UK. When I type in 27 June - Word completes the date. The
screen shows 27 June 07-06-19. As I'm not a touch typist, I don't see it
happening, and have to delete it later. I know this feature can be turned
off, as iIve done it before. But I can't recall where it is. Can anyone
tell me how I turn this feature off?

Thanks in advance! Andrew
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What version of Word is this? If it's Word 2003, Tools - AutoCorrect
Options - AutoText tab, remove the check next to Show AutoComplete
Suggestions.

If it's Word 2007, you'll need a macro to do it, as described he

http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com/2...-in-word-2007/

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Wooster" wrote in message
Hello

I'm in the UK. When I type in 27 June - Word completes the date. The
screen shows 27 June 07-06-19. As I'm not a touch typist, I don't see it
happening, and have to delete it later. I know this feature can be turned
off, as iIve done it before. But I can't recall where it is. Can anyone
tell me how I turn this feature off?

Thanks in advance! Andrew

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Andrew Ball Andrew Ball is offline

Herb,
Just stumbled across this post as the auto complete has been doing my head
in! I've used your link, recorded the macro and am now at peace with the
world again! Thank you, you're a lifesaver!
Andrew (not the same Andrew as the one who originally started this thread
though)

"Wooster" wrote in message
Hello

I'm in the UK. When I type in 27 June - Word completes the date. The
screen shows 27 June 07-06-19. As I'm not a touch typist, I don't see it
happening, and have to delete it later. I know this feature can be turned
off, as iIve done it before. But I can't recall where it is. Can anyone
tell me how I turn this feature off?

Thanks in advance! Andrew

Date Auto Complete JJS-53 Microsoft Word Help 5 February 18th 07 12:30 AM
date auto complete? Freddy New Users 1 February 15th 07 07:40 PM
Date won't complete Victoria Microsoft Word Help 1 October 3rd 05 02:03 PM
Auto Complete Date in Word Chris B. Microsoft Word Help 0 September 2nd 05 04:15 PM
How do I correct the date in Word when using Auto Complete? Disp. sandie Microsoft Word Help 1 January 12th 05 09:52 PM