Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Odd message when spell checking

Hi, Word 2000: In some documents, when spellchecking using F7, I sometimes
get an odd error message, which reads

'Word cannot find the spelling fileMSSSpell32.dll' and later '...file
msgr??32.dll'.

This is a new machine and Word from the original CD and the updates Sr1
(thanks to Jay) and SP3 have been applied. The error did happen on the old
machine very occasionally too, but both only with this batch of documents.
Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Word 2000: In some documents, when spellchecking using F7, I sometimes
get an odd error message, which reads

'Word cannot find the spelling fileMSSSpell32.dll' and later '...file
msgr??32.dll'.

This is a new machine and Word from the original CD and the updates Sr1
(thanks to Jay) and SP3 have been applied. The error did happen on the old
machine very occasionally too, but both only with this batch of documents.
Any ideas?

Is (or was) Microsoft WORKS present? this sounds like it might be the Works
Suite Addin...

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

On further thoughts, although I don't have Works, perhaps the client had it,
hence the corruption to his documents -- if that's it...

Try searching the *exact* error message (or at least the first part of it) on
microsoft.com. There are some "hits", but I can't tell which ones might apply
to your situation.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Lost spell checking David New Users 5 June 29th 06 05:27 PM
SPELL CHECKING jerry Microsoft Word Help 4 June 26th 05 08:42 PM
hide wavy underlines for spell checking Tom Microsoft Word Help 7 May 16th 05 07:12 PM
Spell checker bug - cost big $$$ Jimbo Mambo Microsoft Word Help 3 May 3rd 05 09:32 PM
disable/enable the default spell checking language rjnl Microsoft Word Help 2 May 1st 05 09:26 PM