Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jan Jan is offline

Default Please help - how to delete text?

Hello,

I have a text file containing lines like this pattern shows:

word1:word2:word3
word4:word5:word6

Now, How could I do remove everything after (and including) ":" sign in each
line so I would get something like:

word1:word2
word4:word5

Thanks,

Jan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

If you have a paragraph mark after word3 and word 6, you could temporarily
create a table, then delet the last column, then revert back to text.
Table menu, Text to Table, Separate text at: Other, :
Number of columns should change to 3.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"jan" wrote:

Hello,

I have a text file containing lines like this pattern shows:

word1:word2:word3
word4:word5:word6

Now, How could I do remove everything after (and including) ":" sign in each
line so I would get something like:

word1:word2
word4:word5

Thanks,

Jan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

For Text to Table, click the Insert ribbon tab, click the dropdown arrow
under Table, then click Convert Text to Table.

When a table is selected, the Table Tools Design and Layout tabs are
available. These provide access to what the Tables toolbar formerly
provided.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible