Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jan Jan is offline

Default how do I repeat the same merge fields on one page

My document has three separate parts to it and each page represents one
person's record. How do I have the same name and address repeat in each area
on the one page?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If you are using MERGEFIELD fields to insert the data, and the current
record has not changed (i.e. there are no { NEXT }, { NEXTIF } or {
SKIPIF } fields between the two locations where you need the same data,
use the same MERGEFIELD field(s) a second time.

It's generally easier to see this stuff if you use Alt-F9 to reveal the
underlying field codes.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

Jan wrote:
My document has three separate parts to it and each page represents one
person's record. How do I have the same name and address repeat in each area
on the one page?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jan Jan is offline

Thank you for your quick reply! There are no {NEXT} fields between the three
locations - there are 3 separate parts to the form but the second record
displays in the 2nd part of the page and the 3rd record displays in the 3rd
part of the page. I'm stumped!

Jan wrote:
My document has three separate parts to it and each page represents one
person's record. How do I have the same name and address repeat in each area
on the one page?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I suggest you send me a copy of your mail merge main document - you can
reach me by despamming my email address, i.e. remove the KillMAPS from

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

Jan wrote:
My document has three separate parts to it and each page represents one
person's record. How do I have the same name and address repeat in each area
on the one page?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Are you using a Directory type Mail Merge main documnet, where you have just
one instance of the data appearing in the mail merge main document and you
get the three separate parts when you execute the merge?

If you are not doing that, then there must be { NEXT } or Next Record
fields somewhere there to causing the records to index on the one page.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Jan wrote:
My document has three separate parts to it and each page represents one
person's record. How do I have the same name and address repeat in
each area
on the one page?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jan Jan is offline

I worked on it again this morning (I'm new at this) and did a merge to show
errors - just found that feature. There were a couple of field names that
weren't valid - fixed them and presto - it works!

I thank you very, very much.

Jan wrote:
My document has three separate parts to it and each page represents one
person's record. How do I have the same name and address repeat in each area
on the one page?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jan Jan is offline

I forgot to mention that I also moved the data from Excel to Word - perhaps
that made the difference... don't know but it works now!