Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rob Rob is offline

Default Ruler Unit Of Measure Settings

Hi,

I'm using Word 2003 and for some reason my ruler is now showing "points
(pts)" as the unit of measure instead of inches as it had before up until
yesterday. I have tried to change this back to inches but I cannot seem to
figure out how to revert back to inches. Can anyone tell me how to fix this
because it's driving me nuts.

Thanks Much,
Rob
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Did you change the setting in Tools | Options, General? If the setting is
correct in the Options dialog box but you are still not seeing the correct
unit of measurement, see this article:
http://www.gmayor.com/Character_Units.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Rob" wrote:

Hi,

I'm using Word 2003 and for some reason my ruler is now showing "points
(pts)" as the unit of measure instead of inches as it had before up until
yesterday. I have tried to change this back to inches but I cannot seem to
figure out how to revert back to inches. Can anyone tell me how to fix this
because it's driving me nuts.

Thanks Much,
Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rob Rob is offline

I feel soo stupid, I totally overlooked it during my feverish attempt to find
and correct it. Thanks a ton for waking me up!!

Rob

"Rob" wrote:

Hi,

I'm using Word 2003 and for some reason my ruler is now showing "points
(pts)" as the unit of measure instead of inches as it had before up until
yesterday. I have tried to change this back to inches but I cannot seem to
figure out how to revert back to inches. Can anyone tell me how to fix this
because it's driving me nuts.

Thanks Much,
Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

These things happen, at times.

I'm glad you got it sorted now!

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Rob" wrote:

Hi,

I'm using Word 2003 and for some reason my ruler is now showing "points
(pts)" as the unit of measure instead of inches as it had before up until
yesterday. I have tried to change this back to inches but I cannot seem to
figure out how to revert back to inches. Can anyone tell me how to fix this
because it's driving me nuts.

Thanks Much,
Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jan Jan is offline

We are using Word 2007 in VISTA - No Tools Tab! So how can I change the ruler
from pts to inches?

Thanks so much!
Jan

"Rob" wrote:

Hi,

I'm using Word 2003 and for some reason my ruler is now showing "points
(pts)" as the unit of measure instead of inches as it had before up until
yesterday. I have tried to change this back to inches but I cannot seem to
figure out how to revert back to inches. Can anyone tell me how to fix this
because it's driving me nuts.

Thanks Much,
Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

In Word 2007, go to Office button Word Options Advanced. The
measurement setting is the Display group there.

If you need to use the web page that Stefan mentioned, the part
starting with "Press Alt+F11" is the same in Word 2007 as in 2003 or
earlier.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman