Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jan Jan is offline

Default How do I delete an entire document in Word

I am using vista with word I can not find windows explorer that eveyone says
I have to be in to delete a word document. Please take me thru it step by step
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I'll leave it to someone more familiar with Vista to tell you how to access
the Explorer (probably from the Start button applications/programs) but
provided the document is not currently opened in Word, you can delete any
document by selecting it in the FileOpen dialog and pressing the Delete
key.

Jan wrote:
I am using vista with word I can not find windows explorer that
eveyone says
I have to be in to delete a word document. Please take me thru it
step by step

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In addition to what Graham says, what we old hands call "Windows Explorer"
is dubbed "My Computer" in most recent versions of Windows. Moreover, you
can open it using Winkey+E (where "Winkey" is the Windows Key on the
keyboard).

http://word.mvps.org

"Jan" wrote in message
I am using vista with word I can not find windows explorer that eveyone
says
I have to be in to delete a word document. Please take me thru it step by
step

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Vista it's called "Computer." (And "My Documents" is now
"Documents.")

I do hope Winkey is pronounced Win-Key and not Winky like some
friendly cartoon character.

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

"Jan" wrote in message

I am using vista with word I can not find windows explorer that eveyone
says
I have to be in to delete a word document. Please take me thru it step by
step-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I don't think I've ever heard it pronounced, but Win-Key is how I hear it
mentally.

http://word.mvps.org