Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jan Jan is offline

Default Can't open a hyperlink

I use a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop, running Windows Vista. I have Microsoft
Office Basic Edition 2003 installed of which Word 2003 (11.8307.8221) SP3 is
a part.

Until now, I have never had a problem opening hyperlinks (Ctrl + click).
Now I get a Microsoft Office Word window which says "This operation has been
cvancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact
your system administrator."
I am the administrator; I have checked Word is set as the HTML editor and
also that Word is listed as the HTML editor in Internet Programs.
I don't know what else to do!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you google for that error message, you'll find plenty of treatments of
the problem. Here's a one from a site I trust:
http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm. It is certainly more
helpful than the official Microsoft Knowledge Base article at
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278839.

http://word.mvps.org

"Jan" wrote in message
I use a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop, running Windows Vista. I have Microsoft
Office Basic Edition 2003 installed of which Word 2003 (11.8307.8221) SP3
is
a part.

Until now, I have never had a problem opening hyperlinks (Ctrl + click).
Now I get a Microsoft Office Word window which says "This operation has
been
cvancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact
your system administrator."
I am the administrator; I have checked Word is set as the HTML editor and
also that Word is listed as the HTML editor in Internet Programs.
I don't know what else to do!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jan Jan is offline

Thanks Suzanne. I followed your link to slapstick.com and followed the
instructions to reset the web settings in Vista and hyperlinks are now
working.
Thanks for your prompt reply
Jan

"Jan" wrote in message
I use a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop, running Windows Vista. I have Microsoft
Office Basic Edition 2003 installed of which Word 2003 (11.8307.8221) SP3
is
a part.

Until now, I have never had a problem opening hyperlinks (Ctrl + click).
Now I get a Microsoft Office Word window which says "This operation has
been
cvancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact
your system administrator."
I am the administrator; I have checked Word is set as the HTML editor and
also that Word is listed as the HTML editor in Internet Programs.
I don't know what else to do!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm glad that was helpful. FWIW, note that it's "slipstick" (i.e., a slide
rule) not "slapstick" (broad humor). g

http://word.mvps.org