Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Strange spelling message

Do I take it that *no-one* has the answer to my previous post (qv) on this
subject. I can't believe no-one else has experienced this or is not able to
identify the file as belonging to a particular platform or version!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TF TF is offline

What post?

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

wrote in message ...
: Do I take it that *no-one* has the answer to my previous post (qv) on this
: subject. I can't believe no-one else has experienced this or is not able
: identify the file as belonging to a particular platform or version!
:
:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Perhaps you should try posting your question to
microsoft.public.word.spelling.grammar? It certainly won't help to start a
new thread with no vestige of a description of the problem.

wrote in message ...
Do I take it that *no-one* has the answer to my previous post (qv) on this
subject. I can't believe no-one else has experienced this or is not able

identify the file as belonging to a particular platform or version!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] stadtchemnitz@arcor.de is offline

test

TF wrote:

What post?

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

wrote in message ...
: Do I take it that *no-one* has the answer to my previous post (qv) on this
: subject. I can't believe no-one else has experienced this or is not able
: identify the file as belonging to a particular platform or version!
:
:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

O Suzanne! I spelt it out in great detail in my previous post! Don't *you*
turn against me. I was *sure* you'd have the answer. |

Here is the post again

Word 2000. Windows XP (but happened on 98SE too): *Sometimes* when I run a
spellcheck through a file, I get the message 'Word cannot find the spelling
file MSSSpell32.dll' and later '...filemsgr?32.dll'. What does this mean
and is it due to the originator of the file probably using Office 2003 (and
aren't all documents compatible)?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Perhaps you should try posting your question to
microsoft.public.word.spelling.grammar? It certainly won't help to start a
new thread with no vestige of a description of the problem.

so
all may benefit.

wrote in message ...
Do I take it that *no-one* has the answer to my previous post (qv) on
this
subject. I can't believe no-one else has experienced this or is not able

identify the file as belonging to a particular platform or version!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TF TF is offline

Proofing of documents are fully compatible if they are all set to the same
language. Check that the language setting is correct for particular
documents that are giving this message. The error indicates that Word is
looking for the spell-checking .dll which it cannot find. If other documents
are working correctly, it would suggest that Word is looking for a language
not installed (e.g. you are using English (US) and the document is in
English (AUS) or something along those lines.

Terry

wrote in message ...
:O Suzanne! I spelt it out in great detail in my previous post! Don't *you*
: turn against me. I was *sure* you'd have the answer. |
:
: Here is the post again
:
: Word 2000. Windows XP (but happened on 98SE too): *Sometimes* when I run a
: spellcheck through a file, I get the message 'Word cannot find the
spelling
: file MSSSpell32.dll' and later '...filemsgr?32.dll'. What does this mean
: and is it due to the originator of the file probably using Office 2003
(and
: aren't all documents compatible)?
:
:
: "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
: ...
: Perhaps you should try posting your question to
: microsoft.public.word.spelling.grammar? It certainly won't help to start
: new thread with no vestige of a description of the problem.
:
: --
: Suzanne S. Barnhill
: Microsoft MVP (Word)
: Words into Type
: Fairhope, Alabama USA
: Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
: Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
newsgroup
: so
: all may benefit.
:
: wrote in message ...
: Do I take it that *no-one* has the answer to my previous post (qv) on
: this
: subject. I can't believe no-one else has experienced this or is not
able
: identify the file as belonging to a particular platform or version!
:
:
:
:
:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Thanks, mate. This is the best attempt yet. But I do have both the US and
Aust installed, and it only happens with some files. Next time it happens, I
will try changing the language (dictionary) and see what happens. On
further thought, however, if that file was on my disk (and I do have both US
and Aust) then surely it would be found...

: wrote in message
: Do I take it that *no-one* has the answer to my previous post (qv) on
: this
: subject. I can't believe no-one else has experienced this or is not
able
: identify the file as belonging to a particular platform or version!
:
:
:
:
:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TF TF is offline

It sure should. But the document may be from a template that has
Automatically Detect Language deselected. Check that setting as well when it
happens again.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

: wrote in message ...
: :O Suzanne! I spelt it out in great detail in my previous post! Don't
: *you*
: : turn against me. I was *sure* you'd have the answer. |
: :
: : Here is the post again
: :
: : Word 2000. Windows XP (but happened on 98SE too): *Sometimes* when I
run
: a
: : spellcheck through a file, I get the message 'Word cannot find the
: spelling
: : file MSSSpell32.dll' and later '...filemsgr?32.dll'. What does this
: mean
: : and is it due to the originator of the file probably using Office 2003
: (and
: : aren't all documents compatible)?
: :
: :
: : "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
: : ...
: : Perhaps you should try posting your question to
: : microsoft.public.word.spelling.grammar? It certainly won't help to
: start
: a
: : new thread with no vestige of a description of the problem.
: :
: : --
: : Suzanne S. Barnhill
: : Microsoft MVP (Word)
: : Words into Type
: : Fairhope, Alabama USA
: : Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
: : Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
: newsgroup
: : so
: : all may benefit.
: :
: : wrote in message
: ...
: : Do I take it that *no-one* has the answer to my previous post (qv)
on
: : this
: : subject. I can't believe no-one else has experienced this or is not
: able
: : identify the file as belonging to a particular platform or version!
: :
: :
: :
: :
: :
:
:
:
:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TF TF is offline

Tools, Language, Set Language and there are two check boxes at the bottom of
the dialog.

Terry

: wrote in message ...
[...]
: : wrote in message
: ...
: : :O Suzanne! I spelt it out in great detail in my previous post!
Don't
: : *you*
: : : turn against me. I was *sure* you'd have the answer. |
: : :
: : : Here is the post again
: : :
: : : Word 2000. Windows XP (but happened on 98SE too): *Sometimes* when
: run
: : a
: : : spellcheck through a file, I get the message 'Word cannot find the
: : spelling
: : : file MSSSpell32.dll' and later '...filemsgr?32.dll'. What does
this
: : mean
: : : and is it due to the originator of the file probably using Office
: 2003
: : (and
: : : aren't all documents compatible)?
: : :
: : :
: : : "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
: : : ...
: : : Perhaps you should try posting your question to
: : : microsoft.public.word.spelling.grammar? It certainly won't help
: : start
: : a
: : : new thread with no vestige of a description of the problem.
: : :
: : : --
: : : Suzanne S. Barnhill
: : : Microsoft MVP (Word)
: : : Words into Type
: : : Fairhope, Alabama USA
: : : Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
: : : Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
: : newsgroup
: : : so
: : : all may benefit.
: : :
: : : wrote in message
: : ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Tried that and lots of other suggestions; no go. Here is a summary of the
problem and efforts to fix it to date. Only *some* documents produce a
message when trying to spell check 'Cannot find MSSSpell32.dll' and later
'...mgr**32.dll' or similar. I know enough now to know that these are
language specific spell files probably on the document originator's HD and
not on mine. In the documents where this problem occurs the spell check
catches errors before the (foreign) word that invokes the problem, and not
after. It says 'Word has completed spell check' even when I've placed dummy
badly spelt words after. Now, here's the rub: if I now delete the foreign
words and indeed carefully check the document by hand and remove all
spelling errors, I still get the problem and the message. Changing the
language at my end does not help. Neither does pasting the document minus
the last para mark into a new document. So the document must have hidden
somewhere (not in the last para mark) in it a flag that says it needs a
certain language add-in. Where is this flag and how do I remove/change it?
Or, what is the language being indicated, and how can it be changed?

: wrote in message
[...]
: : wrote in message
: ...
[...]
: : : wrote in message
: : ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TF TF is offline

Very weird! Try opening a blank documetn and use Insert, File to get the
problem document into a new document. Does the problem still recur?

terry

: wrote in message ...
: : How exactly? BTW, see my posting in
: microsoft.public.word.spelling.grammar,
: : which outlines my experiments so far.
: :
: : "TF" terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom wrote in message
: : ...
: : It sure should. But the document may be from a template that has
: : Automatically Detect Language deselected. Check that setting as well
: when
: : it
: : happens again.
: :
: : --
: : Terry Farrell - Word MVP
: : http://word.mvps.org/
: :
: : wrote in message
: ...
[...]
: : : wrote in message
: : ...
: : : :O Suzanne! I spelt it out in great detail in my previous post!
: Don't
: : : *you*
: : : : turn against me. I was *sure* you'd have the answer. |
: : : :
: : : : Here is the post again
: : : :
: : : : Word 2000. Windows XP (but happened on 98SE too): *Sometimes*
: when
: I
: : run
: : : a
: : : : spellcheck through a file, I get the message 'Word cannot find
: the
: : : spelling
: : : : file MSSSpell32.dll' and later '...filemsgr?32.dll'. What
does
: this
: : : mean
: : : : and is it due to the originator of the file probably using
: Office
: : 2003
: : : (and
: : : : aren't all documents compatible)?
: : : :
: : : :
: : : : "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
: : : : ...
: : : : Perhaps you should try posting your question to
: : : : microsoft.public.word.spelling.grammar? It certainly won't
: help
: : : start
: : : a
: : : : new thread with no vestige of a description of the problem.
: : : :
: : : : --
: : : : Suzanne S. Barnhill
: : : : Microsoft MVP (Word)
: : : : Words into Type
: : : : Fairhope, Alabama USA
: : : : Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
: : : : Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to
: the
: : : newsgroup
: : : : all may benefit.
: : : :