Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
exciter exciter is offline

Default wish

You know in acrobat reader when you press ctrl+find a search pane appears on
the right.
When you do the search, acrobat lists the term searched for.
This is user frinedly and one goes back and forth between pages contaning
the serached word.
In word, however, you have to go forward all the time and can loose track.
I think word should adopt the search pane too.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 11:12:50 +0100, "exciter" wrote:

You know in acrobat reader when you press ctrl+find a search pane appears on
the right.
When you do the search, acrobat lists the term searched for.
This is user frinedly and one goes back and forth between pages contaning
the serached word.
In word, however, you have to go forward all the time and can loose track.
I think word should adopt the search pane too.

Download finder.zip from http://jay-freedman.info/. Unzip the file it contains
and place it in your Word Startup folder so it will become an add-in.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
exciter exciter is offline

Haha incredible.

i wish and it happens =))

thanks

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 11:12:50 +0100, "exciter" wrote:

You know in acrobat reader when you press ctrl+find a search pane appears
on
the right.
When you do the search, acrobat lists the term searched for.
This is user frinedly and one goes back and forth between pages contaning
the serached word.
In word, however, you have to go forward all the time and can loose track.
I think word should adopt the search pane too.

Download finder.zip from http://jay-freedman.info/. Unzip the file it
contains
and place it in your Word Startup folder so it will become an add-in.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Hey Jay,

Do I get a wish too? ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"exciter" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

That depends on what you wish for. eg

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 08:03:37 -0500, "JoAnn Paules"
wrote:

Hey Jay,

Do I get a wish too? ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"exciter" wrote in message
Haha incredible.

i wish and it happens =))

thanks

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 11:12:50 +0100, "exciter" wrote:

You know in acrobat reader when you press ctrl+find a search pane appears
on
the right.
When you do the search, acrobat lists the term searched for.
This is user frinedly and one goes back and forth between pages contaning
the serached word.
In word, however, you have to go forward all the time and can loose
track.
I think word should adopt the search pane too.

Download finder.zip from http://jay-freedman.info/. Unzip the file it
contains
and place it in your Word Startup folder so it will become an add-in.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Ummmmmmmmmmm - I'll make it a simple one. I wish for my headache to go away.
And maybe some BSOD blue focal beads. :-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
That depends on what you wish for. eg

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 08:03:37 -0500, "JoAnn Paules"

wrote:

Hey Jay,

Do I get a wish too? ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

wrote:

You know in acrobat reader when you press ctrl+find a search pane
appears
on
the right.
When you do the search, acrobat lists the term searched for.
This is user frinedly and one goes back and forth between pages
contaning
the serached word.
In word, however, you have to go forward all the time and can loose
track.
I think word should adopt the search pane too.

Download finder.zip from http://jay-freedman.info/. Unzip the file it
contains
and place it in your Word Startup folder so it will become an add-in.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Sorry, my web page is more likely to give you a headache than to make it go
away. :-( Go home, get a cup of tea, and wait for Hubby to rub your
temples. That usually works for my wife.

BSOD blue beads... might be able to find some of those... What's the 'focal'
part?

JoAnn Paules wrote:
Ummmmmmmmmmm - I'll make it a simple one. I wish for my headache to
go away. And maybe some BSOD blue focal beads. :-)

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
That depends on what you wish for. eg

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 08:03:37 -0500, "JoAnn Paules"

wrote:

Hey Jay,

Do I get a wish too? ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

wrote:

You know in acrobat reader when you press ctrl+find a search pane
appears
on
the right.
When you do the search, acrobat lists the term searched for.
This is user frinedly and one goes back and forth between pages
contaning
the serached word.
In word, however, you have to go forward all the time and can
loose track.
I think word should adopt the search pane too.

Download finder.zip from http://jay-freedman.info/. Unzip the
file it contains
and place it in your Word Startup folder so it will become an
add-in.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Focal beads aren't little seed beads, they are usually larger and draw
attention.

I'll have to wait another 6 hours for the temple rub. :-(

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

JoAnn Paules wrote:
Ummmmmmmmmmm - I'll make it a simple one. I wish for my headache to
go away. And maybe some BSOD blue focal beads. :-)

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
That depends on what you wish for. eg

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 08:03:37 -0500, "JoAnn Paules"

wrote:

Hey Jay,

Do I get a wish too? ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

wrote:

You know in acrobat reader when you press ctrl+find a search pane
appears
on
the right.
When you do the search, acrobat lists the term searched for.
This is user frinedly and one goes back and forth between pages
contaning
the serached word.
In word, however, you have to go forward all the time and can
loose track.
I think word should adopt the search pane too.

Download finder.zip from http://jay-freedman.info/. Unzip the
file it contains
and place it in your Word Startup folder so it will become an
add-in.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
oe oe is offline

I downloaded the zip file and followed the instructions. I can see the
finder.dot in Templates and Add-ons. I have tried Ctrl+F but it does not
appear.
I am using Word 2003.
Can you help, please?
"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 11:12:50 +0100, "exciter" wrote:

You know in acrobat reader when you press ctrl+find a search pane appears
on
the right.
When you do the search, acrobat lists the term searched for.
This is user frinedly and one goes back and forth between pages contaning
the serached word.
In word, however, you have to go forward all the time and can loose track.
I think word should adopt the search pane too.

Download finder.zip from http://jay-freedman.info/. Unzip the file it
contains
and place it in your Word Startup folder so it will become an add-in.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

"oe" wrote in message
I downloaded the zip file and followed the instructions. I can see the
finder.dot in Templates and Add-ons. I have tried Ctrl+F but it does not
appear.
I am using Word 2003.
Can you help, please?

Did you put it into your Word Startup folder?
C:\Documents and Settings\{Your user Name}\Application
Data\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

The Finder.dot template assigns the shortcut Ctrl+Alt+F to the macro. (By
default that shortcut is assigned to a command that inserts a footnote, but
I never use that keystroke so I stole it.) The Ctrl+F shortcut should still
be assigned to the regular Find dialog.

To see if that's what is assigned for you, go to Tools Customize, click
the Keyboard button, select Macros in the Categories list, and select Finder
in the Commands list. The Current Keys box will show you what shortcut is
assigned, if any. You can change it if you want.

wrote:
You know in acrobat reader when you press ctrl+find a search pane
appears on
the right.
When you do the search, acrobat lists the term searched for.
This is user frinedly and one goes back and forth between pages
contaning the serached word.
In word, however, you have to go forward all the time and can loose
track. I think word should adopt the search pane too.

Download finder.zip from http://jay-freedman.info/. Unzip the file it
contains
and place it in your Word Startup folder so it will become an add-in.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Hey Jay - I got my wish too. :-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

wrote:
You know in acrobat reader when you press ctrl+find a search pane
appears on
the right.
When you do the search, acrobat lists the term searched for.
This is user frinedly and one goes back and forth between pages
contaning the serached word.
In word, however, you have to go forward all the time and can loose
track. I think word should adopt the search pane too.

Download finder.zip from http://jay-freedman.info/. Unzip the file it
contains
and place it in your Word Startup folder so it will become an add-in.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Including the BSOD beads?

Hey Jay - I got my wish too. :-)

wrote:
You know in acrobat reader when you press ctrl+find a search pane
appears on
the right.
When you do the search, acrobat lists the term searched for.
This is user frinedly and one goes back and forth between pages
contaning the serached word.
In word, however, you have to go forward all the time and can
loose track. I think word should adopt the search pane too.

Download finder.zip from http://jay-freedman.info/. Unzip the file
it contains
and place it in your Word Startup folder so it will become an
add-in. --
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Yep. They are more a denim blue than BSOD but I like them just the way they
are. Wouldn't it be nice if all of our wishes were so easily fulfilled?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message