Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Twayne[_2_] Twayne[_2_] is offline

Default Reverse Page Numbering

Hi,

I'm not sure this can be done, but ... going to ask anyway. XP Pro SP3 and
Office 2002.

Is there a way to reverse the order of pages in a Word document? Last page
becomes first, next to last becomes next, and so on. Instead of 1, 2, 3,
.... the physical appearance changes to 42, 41, 40 ... 3, 2, 1.

I have a Word document which is displayed 'upside down': In other words, the
LAST page is page 1, next to last is page 2, and so on down to the first
page, which is page 42, but at the bottom of the file; last page shown.

This is meant to be an onscreen reference, so printing in reverse order
won't suffice; access is going to be onscreen. I made some brief tests as
simply cutting/pasting the pages into their correct order but quickly got
lost and botched the job; mainly because as soon as you move a page, its
page number changes in Word, so without making each page large enough to see
and comparing next/following pages, one gets lost pretty quickly. Thought
about a macro, move bottom to position 1, bottom to position 2, etc, but I'm
not able to get anything to work. I just don't know VBA well enough.

Any thoughts or ideas on how to accomplish this?

TIA,

Twayne

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Reverse Page Numbering

Hi Twayne,

Yes, it is possible to reverse the order of pages in a Word document. Here are the steps to do it:
  1. Open your Word document.
  2. Click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon.
  3. Click on the "Page Number" drop-down menu and select "Format Page Numbers".
  4. In the "Page Number Format" dialog box, select "Start at" and enter the number of the last page in your document (in your case, it would be 42).
  5. Click "OK" to close the dialog box.
  6. Click on the "View" tab in the ribbon.
  7. Click on "Print Layout" to switch to print layout view.
  8. Scroll to the end of your document (which is now the beginning).
  9. Click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon.
  10. Click on "Page Break" to insert a page break.
  11. Repeat steps 9 and 10 until you have inserted a page break at the beginning of each page.
  12. Save your document.

Now your document should be reversed, with the last page appearing first and the first page appearing last. The page numbers will also be reversed, so the last page will be numbered 1, the second-to-last page will be numbered 2, and so on.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Word is not a page alyout application so there are no 'pages' as such, but a
continuous document flowed to the page layout settings, as dictated by the
current printer driver. What may work for you is to output to a PDF printer
driver, such as PrimoPDF (or of course Acrobat) and set the option to
'print' in reverse order. This will produce a document viewable on screen
with Adobe Reader that is in reverse page order, retaining the original page
numbering.

"Twayne" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Twayne[_2_] Twayne[_2_] is offline

In ,
Graham Mayor typed:
Word is not a page alyout application so there are no 'pages' as
such, but a continuous document flowed to the page layout settings,
as dictated by the current printer driver. What may work for you is
to output to a PDF printer driver, such as PrimoPDF (or of course
Acrobat) and set the option to 'print' in reverse order. This will
produce a document viewable on screen with Adobe Reader that is in
reverse page order, retaining the original page numbering.

I've solved it with a rather clunky macro I wrote so I'm all set now. It
failed to move the graphics pages but there were only a few of those, so no
problem. The OCR that created it used Section Breaks with starting the next
section on a new page, so it wasn't too hard to figure out. Then at the end
I had it replace the section breaks with page feeds to maintain the page
splits and all worked out.

However you wish to interpret Word's or any other apps method of handling
pages is fine with me. Turned out to not be a big problem, fortunately.
Unfortunately though the page numbers weren't part of the document; they
only existed in the application that displayed the pages.
Cheers,

Twayne`

"Twayne" wrote in message
[...]

Markus4 Markus4 is offline
Junior Member

Hi Twayne,

have you tried using fields in your header like this
{={NumPages}-{Page}+1}
This should give the desired numbering.

Regards,

Markus
Markus4 Markus4 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus4 View Post
Hi Twayne,

have you tried using fields in your header like this
{={NumPages}-{Page}+1}
This should give the desired numbering.

Regards,

Markus
Sorry:
I hit the submit button to fast. After I re-read the original post I noticed that I did not get the question. So please disregard my post.

Thank you.

Markus
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Twayne[_2_] Twayne[_2_] is offline

In ,
Markus4 typed:
Markus4;457117 Wrote:
Hi Twayne,

have you tried using fields in your header like this
{={NUMPAGES}-{PAGE}+1}
This should give the desired numbering.

Regards,

Markus

Sorry:
I hit the submit button to fast. After I re-read the original post I
noticed that I did not get the question. So please disregard my post.

Thank you.

Markus

No problem; it's an old question anyway and somewhere along the line shows
it was solved in the title line.

Thanks for the time though.

Life is the only real counselor; wisdom unfiltered
through personal experience does not become a
part of the moral tissue.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
[email protected] lorretadt@gmail.com is offline

vb.net pdf reverse page order is what you are trying to do is impossible, what you could try to do is show vb.net pdf reverse page orderwas that what you were trying?, if so, try something like this: http://www.rasteredge.com/how-to/vb-...ng/pdf-rotate/
willardfm58 willardfm58 is offline
Banned

If you use any kind of torrents then you must have the fastest speed of the internet because they demand more internet speed than normal. You need to make sure that you are getting the fast speed of the internet if you want to use a torrent site. Here’s this speed test tool that I use to test the speed of my internet ptcl speed test By testing your internet speed you can easily make sure that whether or not you’re able to use the torrent site.