Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Denise C Denise C is offline

Default Linking Excel Data in a Word Document

I have inserted an Excel object into a Word document. When I then open the
Excel file by double-clicking on it, make a change in the Excel file, and
then go back into the Word document, the changes are not reflected in the
Word document until I right-click on the table and choose Update Link.

Everything I read (including Element K's (Microsoft approved) Level II
training manual!) says that the link should update automatically once the
change is made in the Excel file. I have checked in Links, and the
Automatically Update radio button is selected. Any ideas? Thanks!
--
Denise C