Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rossdem

Default How do I download helvetica font free?

I am trying to find out if I alrwady have these fonts (helvetica and univers)
on my 2003 Microsoft Office Word, but it appears I need to download them.
Where can I get these (for free!)?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I download helvetica font free?

Hi there! I can definitely help you with that. Helvetica and Univers are popular fonts that are not included in Microsoft Office by default, so you'll need to download and install them separately. Here's how you can do it:
  1. First, you'll need to find a website that offers free fonts. There are many websites out there that offer free fonts, but be careful to only download from reputable sources to avoid any potential malware or viruses. Some popular websites for free fonts include DaFont, Font Squirrel, and Google Fonts.
  2. Once you've found a website that offers Helvetica and/or Univers, search for the font you want and click the download button. The font file will likely be in a compressed format like .zip or .rar, so you'll need to extract the files before you can install the font.
  3. To install the font on your computer, open the folder where you extracted the font files and double-click on the font file. This will open a preview of the font and give you the option to install it. Click the "Install" button to install the font on your computer.
  4. Once the font is installed, you can use it in Microsoft Word (or any other program that uses fonts). To access the font in Word, simply select the font dropdown menu and scroll down to find the font you just installed.

That's it! You should now be able to use Helvetica and/or Univers in Microsoft Word. Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help you with.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/default.aspx
This page will help you find out which fonts you should have with your
specific edition/version of Office.

Not all fonts are free. Some you *have* to pay for, find a suitable
substitute, or do without.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"rossdem" wrote in message
I am trying to find out if I alrwady have these fonts (helvetica and
univers)
on my 2003 Microsoft Office Word, but it appears I need to download them.
Where can I get these (for free!)?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Helvetica and Univers are supplied as resident fonts with some (if not all)
HP laser printers. If you have one of these printers set as active printer
(whether or not the printer is physically present) the fonts will be
available for use. You won't actually be able top print them unless you have
the printer physically connected.

rossdem wrote:
I am trying to find out if I alrwady have these fonts (helvetica and
univers) on my 2003 Microsoft Office Word, but it appears I need to
download them. Where can I get these (for free!)?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Univers, yes, but I don't believe Helvetica is an HP-resident font (I've
never had it, and I've used nothing but HP printers). Helvetica may be
supplied with the Mac OS.

rossdem wrote:
I am trying to find out if I alrwady have these fonts (helvetica and
univers) on my 2003 Microsoft Office Word, but it appears I need to
download them. Where can I get these (for free!)?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chuck Davis

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Univers, yes, but I don't believe Helvetica is an HP-resident font (I've
never had it, and I've used nothing but HP printers). Helvetica may be
supplied with the Mac OS.

so
all may benefit.

rossdem wrote:
I am trying to find out if I alrwady have these fonts (helvetica and
univers) on my 2003 Microsoft Office Word, but it appears I need to
download them. Where can I get these (for free!)?

Helvetica and Univers were both provided with an Adobe product on my
computer.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Let's put it this way then. If I set an HP 4050 printer as active (PCL
driver), several printer fonts become available - including Helvetica. I do
not have, nor ever have had an HP4050 printer physically attached to the PC.
I use the driver purely for testing.

rossdem wrote:
I am trying to find out if I alrwady have these fonts (helvetica and
univers) on my 2003 Microsoft Office Word, but it appears I need to
download them. Where can I get these (for free!)?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Well, I stand corrected because I just checked my font list, and I appear to
have Helvetica, too. For some reason I just assumed that my LJ 4100 came
with the same fonts as the LJ 4 that it supplanted. The font Properties show
that the font vendor is Hewlett-Packard. I also note that it has "no
standard kern pairs." Eeek! (In contrast, Arial has 909 standard kern
pairs.)