Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Alan

Default Print Margins in Word 2003

I don't understand why changing the paper size to A4 would work. My printer
does not have that size paper therefore it will not print unless I override
by hitting the print button on the printer. This seems more like a work
around anwser rather than a fix. Of course, it's better than I could come up
with.

Is this possibly a bug in Word?

Need help,
Alan

"Jack" wrote:

I am curious as to why you changed the paper size to A4 isntead of letter.
Will that not mees with the other documents you are printing. Ok, i jsut
looked and looks like I can chagne it for the doscument. But that would mean
that the person will need to change it for each document they have, not
efficent.

The reason I am asking these questions is that I ahve the same issue but
with Word 2000.

"Shirley Zaknich" wrote:

Your welcome!
--
All Smiles for the Day, Shirley

"Stina @ Work" wrote:

Thank you SO much! this solved my problem!

"Shirley Zaknich" wrote:

You may want to try the paper size. This should be set to A4 21 x 29.7cm.
--
All Smiles for the Day, Shirley
"Stina @ Work" wrote:

This appears to only affect documents originating from Word 2003.

The problem I am having, as is another co-worker, is that when I print some, not all, Word documents the bottom 2.67" is getting cut off. If you look at the preview the bottom is missing but if you look at the actual document there is text. When I go to check the margins everything is fine with a 1" margin all around. When I press ok it tells me that I need to either fix or ignore the margins. If I choose "Fix" it changes the bottom margin to 2.67".

The problem is not fixed if I save and close it. I know it isn't the printer. This is a shared document, and other computers can open it and print without problems. However, they are not using Word 2003.

I have searched Microsoft help online, Microsoft Word Version 2002 Inside out manual (don't have 2003), and computer support at my work...