Robert

Default TOC Styles not shown

I have a problem with an inherited document. It will only display Heading 2
items in a table of contents (as TOC 2).

Table of Contents Options includes Headings 1-6, at TOC levels 1-6 and at
least dummy text is in the document at all of these levels.

I created new documents from the blank document template and were working
correctly, but not in the inherited document. Now new blank documents will
only display Heading 2 items.

I've tried lots of things to correct this, none of which have been
successful.

Suggestions???

Thanks in advance.

Robert

No.

Also, Word doesn't seem to create a new normal.dot if any/all copies are
removed. How do I get back to a clean slate?

"Cynthia" wrote:

Was the original document password protected?
I have a problem with an inherited document. It will only display Heading 2
items in a table of contents (as TOC 2).

Table of Contents Options includes Headings 1-6, at TOC levels 1-6 and at
least dummy text is in the document at all of these levels.

I created new documents from the blank document template and were working
correctly, but not in the inherited document. Now new blank documents will
only display Heading 2 items.

I've tried lots of things to correct this, none of which have been
successful.

Suggestions???

Thanks in advance.

Renaming Normal.dot will force Word to create a fresh copy.