Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Morto Kopor Morto Kopor is offline

Default Making Custom Toolbars Portable

I may be using any of a number of computers any given day. How can I carry
the Word toolbars with me that mirror the ones I have set on my home
computer? I don't want to permanently install them each time I move to a
different computer. It may not be to other's taste, and that may take
administrator privileges. I carry a thumb-drive with me where ever I go.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?TW9ydG8gS29wb3I=?=,

I may be using any of a number of computers any given day. How can I carry
the Word toolbars with me that mirror the ones I have set on my home
computer? I don't want to permanently install them each time I move to a
different computer. It may not be to other's taste, and that may take
administrator privileges. I carry a thumb-drive with me where ever I go.

Toolbars are stored in documents and templates. You could set up a template
with your toolbars (Tools/Customize/Organizer is a useful tool for that). Put
it in *Word's* START folder for the profile you're using and the toolbars
should show up when you start Word.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org