Truly Retired

Default Make multiple name labels using Word & Avery 8660. No database, me

I use Word 2000, I would like to create multiple names on labels using Avery
8660. I have done this in a perevious life, just by typing in the names on
the label format. But I cant get there now. I don't want to use an address
book or mail merge or data base program.

There are instructions on creating labels using one name or address. But
each label will have a different name.

Can anyone help??
Michael_Corral

If you truly do have the time to type these names in one by one, but want to
know a shortcut on not having to retype the address each time, here are few
ways for you:

1. Type the address once, copy to your clipboard and paste every time and
where you want the address.

2. Use Find and Replace (Ctrl+H), and replace something that is where you
want the address to go with the address/Replace text.

3. Use Excel and type the names in one column and each different name on the
next row. In the column next to that, type the address once and copy paste
to the rest of the cells next to the names. Now copy these columns and past
into Word.

4. Add the address to Auto Correct and be sure to edit the proceeding
characters to just the first few letters of the address and after each name
start typing the address where you want it and when the Auto features comes
up press enter to accept and move on to the next name.

There might be a few other work arounds, the best way hands down is to use a
Mail Merge of some sort and in someway.

--
Top Notch Admin

"Truly Retired" wrote:

I use Word 2000, I would like to create multiple names on labels using Avery
8660. I have done this in a perevious life, just by typing in the names on
the label format. But I cant get there now. I don't want to use an address
book or mail merge or data base program.

There are instructions on creating labels using one name or address. But
each label will have a different name.

Can anyone help??

Graham Mayor

Mail merge would be the way to do this when there is more than one page of
labels involved http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm
but from the label dialog you can select 'new document' which will give you
a page of blank labels to play with.

Truly Retired wrote:
I use Word 2000, I would like to create multiple names on labels
using Avery 8660. I have done this in a previous life, just by