Angel

Default How do I get MSWord to automatically double-space my lines?

I am typing a paper, and it is required to have double-spaced lines. I was
told that I could get MSWord to do that automatically, but I can't figure out
how. Can anyone help me?

Press Ctrl+2 or go to Format | Paragraph and set line spacing to Double.
Note, however, that if you're using a large font size, "double" spacing will
appear very spacey. Even for 12-pt text, I prefer to use Exactly 24-pt line
spacing, the equivalent of double spacing (3 lpi) on a typewriter.

"Angel" wrote in message
I am typing a paper, and it is required to have double-spaced lines. I was
told that I could get MSWord to do that automatically, but I can't figure

out
how. Can anyone help me?

Jay Freedman

On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 08:22:01 -0700, "Angel"
wrote:

I am typing a paper, and it is required to have double-spaced lines. I was
told that I could get MSWord to do that automatically, but I can't figure out
how. Can anyone help me?

Use the style dropdown on the Formatting toolbar to apply the style
named Body Text 2. It's a built-in style with double line spacing.

For once-in-a-while double spacing, you can go to the Format
Paragraph dialog and set the Line Spacing dropdown to Double. The
keyboard shortcut for that is Ctrl+2 (that is, hold the Ctrl key while
you press the 2 key).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman