Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jay jay is offline

Default times new roman font character

Using Times new roman - Word 2002: I would like to express surnames like
McAbe or McAnything with the €˜c underlined , with the underlining level
with the bottom of the €˜M and the €˜A in my examples - So I need an
underlined 'c' - But I cant find such a character in times new roman.
Is there such ? If so, how to get it ?. Appreciate any help - Thanx -
Jay

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Superscript (or raise) the c and format it as underlined. If you format the
c as raised by the default 3 points and underline it, you get pretty close
to what you asked for. Reducing the amount to 2 points (all of this for the
default 12-pt TNR) gets the underline down to the baseline. You could define
this formatting as a character style.

"Jay" wrote in message
Using Times new roman - Word 2002: I would like to express surnames
like
McAbe or McAnything with the 'c' underlined , with the underlining level
with the bottom of the 'M' and the 'A' in my examples - So I need an
underlined 'c' - But I can't find such a character in times new roman.
Is there such ? If so, how to get it ?. Appreciate any help -
Thanx -
Jay

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jay jay is offline

Thanks to Suzanne for her very helpful reply - sorry to be so late in
answering: - You guessed correctly that the query assumed TNR 12pt - but
how to 'reduce the amount to 2 points' after the default 3 pt. change ? TIA
- Jay [Delaware]

"Jay" wrote in message
Using Times new roman - Word 2002: I would like to express surnames
like
McAbe or McAnything with the 'c' underlined , with the underlining level
with the bottom of the 'M' and the 'A' in my examples - So I need an
underlined 'c' - But I can't find such a character in times new roman.
Is there such ? If so, how to get it ?. Appreciate any help -
Thanx -
Jay

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On the Character Spacing tab of Format Font, you can either use the arrows
in the spin box or type in an exact amount to set the amount by which the
character is raised or lowered.