Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SRJ SRJ is offline

Default Embedded powerpoint file only shows first slide???

I am using Microsoft Word 2002 SP3 and Powerpoint 2003 and created a Word
document with a .pps object embedded in it. When I double-clicked on
the icon (first time) I saw the presentation OK.
I was playing around to tried and open it as slides and have
done something so that now all I can see is the first slide.

I right-clicked on the icon and, under option,
clicked on 'convert...' and then 'Microsoft Powerpoint Slide'. Now when
I double-click (or right click, Slide object..., open/edit) I just see
the first slide.

Also, if I take any other presentation and insert it as an object in a
Word document, the same thing happens (though if I open something
directly with Powerpoint it works fine).
Any ideas on how I can fix my system back to the way it was?
I've tried the 'convert...' option and, although the icon in the Word doc
*says* presentation
object, it still just gives me the first slide when I open it.