Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fred Fred is offline

Default generic ibm graphic printer driver

In Vista, Word 2007, I am trying to print continous form fed labels in size
of 4 x 3 on an Epson FX100+ using the generic ibm graphics driver. I have set
the custom page size in Word. Although 1 label prints O.K. the printer then
advances the remainder of a standard sheet size before stopping the form
feed. This of course spoils the alignment of the next label if printing
multiple copies--as well as wasting 3 labels...
The printer properties setup does not list any label sizes or seem to allow
for a custom sheet size to fix this problem.

Is there a different driver to try, or a means of adding the correct sheet
(label) size to the setup?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

This was always a problem with this type of printer when printing from
Word - ensure that the label dialog options continuous feed printers check
box is checked and you may have to setup the printer dip switches to allow
individual labels to be printed rather than pages of labels. Doesn't Vista
still have the standard Epson FX100+ driver rather than use an IBM printer
emulation?

Fred wrote:
In Vista, Word 2007, I am trying to print continuous form fed labels
in size of 4 x 3 on an Epson FX100+ using the generic ibm graphics
driver. I have set the custom page size in Word. Although 1 label
prints O.K. the printer then advances the remainder of a standard
sheet size before stopping the form feed. This of course spoils the
alignment of the next label if printing multiple copies--as well as
wasting 3 labels...
The printer properties setup does not list any label sizes or seem to
allow for a custom sheet size to fix this problem.

Is there a different driver to try, or a means of adding the correct
sheet (label) size to the setup?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fred Fred is offline

Problem SOLVED!

I have to use the generic ibm driver - there is not a driver for the FX100+,
neither of the "FX" (80) (136) included drivers work well.

I found that by "right clicking" on an open space in control panel- printers
I could bring up a dialog which included "server properties". That is where I
could define a new sheet/form size/type and give it a name.

From there, I could print a single label once the new size was chosen in the
advanced printer properties dialog box.

Now if I can only figure out how to make this choice the "DEFAULT"!