Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kenneth Kenneth is offline

Default "Printable Area" in Word 2002...?

Howdy,

I am working on something in Word 2002 SP3 that relates to
One-Up Mailing Labels printed on an impact printer (an OKI.)

I noticed that there were some difficulties relating to the
layout of the label, and so I tried to modify the margins in
Page Setup.

They would not stick because my modifications violated the
"Printable Area" specification of the label template I was
using.

The label size is a "Custom Form" for the printer and it was
my understanding that such specifications were in the Server
Properties of the printer itself. But when I looked there,
the Printable Area was set (as I wished) to include the
entire label.

If not from that Server Properties setting, where is Word
getting its "Printable Area" specifications, and how can I
modify 'em?

Many thanks,
--
Kenneth