milleha1

Default How do I change the category of an autotext entry?

I added an embedded object (a signature graphic) to auto text entries and it
was placed under the "normal" category. I want to place it under the
"signature" category for auto text inserts so that when I select "Insert,
Autotext" it will appear under the "signature" category.
Greg

Create it with the Signature style applied to the insertion point.

Jay Freedman

milleha1 wrote:
I added an embedded object (a signature graphic) to auto text entries
and it was placed under the "normal" category. I want to place it
under the "signature" category for auto text inserts so that when I
select "Insert, Autotext" it will appear under the "signature"
category.

The category in AutoText is the name of the paragraph style that was applied
to the text at the time you made the entry.

There isn't any provision for directly changing the category of an existing
entry. You need to redefine the entry:

- Insert the entry in any document (such as a new blank document).
- Apply the paragraph style corresponding to the category you want. (To make
a completely new category, you would first define a new style with the
desired name.)
- Select the text/graphic and press Alt+F3 (or, if you want the entry in a
template other than Normal.dot, go to Insert AutoText AutoText and
select the right template).
- Enter the same entry name as before. Answer yes to the question about
redefining the entry.
- Save the template.

See http://www.word.mvps.org/faqs/custom...n/AutoText.htm for more info.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

AutoText Entry not working. SARA Microsoft Word Help 1 May 30th 05 05:31 AM
Changing an Autotext Entry Gordon New Users 5 February 15th 05 11:01 AM
Autotext entry does not save Padraig Microsoft Word Help 1 February 13th 05 11:34 PM
simple word question rvance New Users 8 February 1st 05 02:16 AM
Change tracking and autotext DrivesLikeJehu01 Microsoft Word Help 1 January 24th 05 03:32 PM