Andrew Lloyd

Default How do you mail Merge into a password protected MS Form

I am looking for a solution to enable mail merging/importing into a PASSWORD
protected form. PLEASE HELP!!!
--
Quality & Information Lead
Doug Robbins

These two features are not compatible.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Andrew Lloyd" wrote in message
I am looking for a solution to enable mail merging/importing into a
PASSWORD
protected form. PLEASE HELP!!!
--
Quality & Information Lead

Andrew Lloyd

Can this be done with VBA code or Macro? I.e. when accessing the template
the 'CODE' opens the protected file, mail merges, and then re-protects file.
--
Quality & Information Lead

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

These two features are not compatible.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Andrew Lloyd" wrote in message
I am looking for a solution to enable mail merging/importing into a
PASSWORD
protected form. PLEASE HELP!!!
--
Quality & Information Lead

Doug Robbins

Yes, but instead of using mergefields, I would use docvariable fields in the
template and have vba code interate through the records in the datasource,
creating a new document from the template for each record and setting the
values of the document variables for each document and updating the fields
in the document so that the values assigned to the document variables appear
in the docvariable fields.

--

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

These two features are not compatible.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Andrew Lloyd" wrote in message
I am looking for a solution to enable mail merging/importing into a
PASSWORD
protected form. PLEASE HELP!!!
--
Quality & Information Lead

Eleanor

Andrew,

Were you able to get this to work? I am facing the same problem and I was
wondering if you would be willing to share the code to save some time... I
haven't worked with VB in a couple years.

Thank you
--
"eat dessert first, grin like a dog, wander aimlessly, pound your conch as
often as you chose, and buy your books with cash"