__XXX__

Default opening Word document encreases CPU usage up to 100%

Hallo!
I created a Word document with Word 2000 (WinXP Home Ed. SP2), and now as
soon as I open this file, the CPU gets 100% usage without doing anything! So
the PC gets very slower working on other programs and the CPU temperature
gets even warmer...
This doc contains just 150 pages of simple text (edited in Times New Roman
and Greek TTF) and a few tables, no pictures or graphics inside!...
Sometimes I get this problem even with smaller docs (about 10 pages)...
I also tried to save the doc as RTF but nothing changed, so I guess the
problem is Word not this doc.

Please help!
THX
Jay Freedman

On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 14:37:02 -0700, "__XXX__"
wrote:

Hallo!
I created a Word document with Word 2000 (WinXP Home Ed. SP2), and now as
soon as I open this file, the CPU gets 100% usage without doing anything! So
the PC gets very slower working on other programs and the CPU temperature
gets even warmer...
This doc contains just 150 pages of simple text (edited in Times New Roman
and Greek TTF) and a few tables, no pictures or graphics inside!...
Sometimes I get this problem even with smaller docs (about 10 pages)...
I also tried to save the doc as RTF but nothing changed, so I guess the
problem is Word not this doc.

Please help!
THX

It could be caused by corruption in the document. See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm for advice.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
__XXX__

Hi!
First of all: Thanks for your reply!
....I followed the instructions on the page you suggested , but the problem
still remains!!!
Saving the doc file into another format (e.g. html, rtf, etc.) solves the
problem for a while, but as soon as I start typing a few chars or I modify
the document in any way, even before saving, the CPU gets quickly 100%...

Got any other suggestion??
THX

Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
Wordperfect Office 2000 conversion to Word 2003 MikeE New Users 1 March 21st 05 12:04 AM
letters - ask/fillin Caroline H New Users 2 February 25th 05 08:19 PM