Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tsteyer

Default How do I print prview a document in Word witih odd pages on the ri

I'm using Wood 2003. Sometimes when I preview a document the odd pages are
on the right, sometimes odds are on the left. I don't know what changes this.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Margaret Aldis

If you set "Different odd and even" page layout or "Mirror margins", Word
works on the assumption that the document is destined for duplex printing
and that odd pages should therefore appear on the right (recto) and evens on
the left (verso). The print preview therefore shows the pages properly
arranged (there is also a blue "binding" shown, to give you a visual cue).
Otherwise, the pages are treated as individual items so if shown two at a
view page 1 starts on the left and so on through the document.

This assumption will also carry through into page numbering - you'll find
that Word won't allow the odd/even alternation to be subverted when you have
one or both of the above settings. Conversely, if you don't have them set,
you can restart page numbers freely and "odd" and "even" section breaks will
just test the number itself.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP