wordyfangirl wordyfangirl is offline
Junior Member

Default How to be sure my word files will be editable in earlier versions

Hi,

I'm creating word files to sell as stationery templates for digital download. I've created them on word 2016 but when my sister tried to open them on her computer (using word 2013 for Mac) she could only edit some of the text boxes and couldn't change the color.

I don't know many people who have MS Word so can't test my files out that way.

Is there a way I can test different versions of Word without buying each version or getting lots of people to try editing my files?

Or is there a way I can be sure that earlier versions of Word will be able to open and edit my files? How can I know what the earliest acceptable version of Word would be?

I originally had each invitation grouped but wondered if it would be better for customer editability to leave everything ungrouped?

Any ideas would be soooooooooooo appreciated!
Maahi Khan Maahi Khan is offline
Junior Member

Hi

Install the compatibility pack if you would like to open, edit, and save documents, workbooks, and presentations that were created in the newer versions of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.

Here is the link to download:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...ails.aspx?id=3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordyfangirl View Post