Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Marie Myers Marie Myers is offline

Default how can I remove the dot between each word when I am typing......

how can .I.remove.the.dot.between.each.word.when.I.am.typi ng....?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

See: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...PrintChars.htm
Use Ctrl+Shft+8 or the ¶ icon (on the Home ribbon or the Standard toolbar)
to toggle the view of these.
Hope this helps
DeanH

how can .I.remove.the.dot.between.each.word.when.I.am.typi ng....?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

These dots show spaces when the non-printing characters are displayed. If you
click on the ¶ in the toolbar you can toggle these characters on and off.

Also you can uncheck these in Tools | Options and the View tab. They are
under Formatting marks.
--
Rae Drysdale

how can .I.remove.the.dot.between.each.word.when.I.am.typi ng....?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
stman stman is offline

If youre referring to the dots that are slightly higher than in your sample,
theyre just space indicators. Theres no character really there. Copy some
text and paste it into Notepad and youll see.

Im not sure which version of Word youre using. In 2003, you can remove
them by clicking on the back P button on the Standard toolbar. Or, if you
want to get specific, Tools Options View tab, Formatting marks, Spaces.

how can .I.remove.the.dot.between.each.word.when.I.am.typi ng....?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ned23 Ned23 is offline

Click on the paragraph symbol (backwards P) on the home tab.

"Marie Myers" wrote:

how can .I.remove.the.dot.between.each.word.when.I.am.typi ng....?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jec jec is offline

Hi Marie

It is just soft space (does not print) and you need to:

Press CTRL + Shift + 8 to toggle on/off show/hide codes or click the Pilcrow
on
the toolbar to toggle on/off codes.

For more info see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm

jec