KM1

Default Autotext exclusive to a New Document Template I Create in Word 200

I am trying to creat autotext that will only be used and stored in a new
template I create. I can and have added new auto text to a new template,
however, it always appears in the global template as well. How can I get
Word 2003 to only accept autotext for only the new template I create and not
in the normal template??? Is this possible? If not the autotext stored in
my normal template (which opens anytime you start a new word document) will
become cluttered with mounds of autotext that will never be used in any other
documents
--
KM1
Jezebel

At the bottom of the AutoText dialog is the 'Look in' drop down. If you
select 'All active templates' you get all the AutoText entries from
normal.dot, the template for the current document, and for any loaded
add-ins. Select your special template in the drop-down and you will see only
the entries saved in the template.

"KM1" wrote in message
I am trying to creat autotext that will only be used and stored in a new
template I create. I can and have added new auto text to a new template,
however, it always appears in the global template as well. How can I get
Word 2003 to only accept autotext for only the new template I create and

not
in the normal template??? Is this possible? If not the autotext stored

in
my normal template (which opens anytime you start a new word document)

will
become cluttered with mounds of autotext that will never be used in any

other
documents
--
KM1

Pat Garard

G'Day KMI,

You can remove it from NORMAL.DOT using the
Organiser:
ToolsTemplates and Add-Ins....
Click Organizer (button)
Choose AutoText (tab)
The right-hand Pane is usually NORMAL.DOT -
locate and select the AutoText; click Delete.
--
Regards,
Pat Garard