Why can't I get Multiple instances of word?

Old November 14th 06, 11:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Laverne

Default Why can't I get Multiple instances of word?

While I have Outlook open and composing a email, Whay can't I call Up word.

I have word files that I would like to view sometimes while composing a
letter with Outlook.

Word will not let me do it, Why.

Laverne R. George Sr.

Old November 14th 06, 11:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

If you have Word as your e-mail editor, then you already have Word open and
can open documents from its file menu. If not the editor it is a completely
independent application and unaffected by Outlook.

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

While I have Outlook open and composing a email, Why can't I call Up

Old November 14th 06, 12:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Laverne

I understand that Outlook uses Word as it's editor and I don't have a problem
with it.
My problem is While composing using Outlook why can't I open and refference
written material in a word document. Can a word document be opened with
outlook? I have not seen this within outlook.

Do you understand what I am trying to do???

Old November 14th 06, 02:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

If Word is the editor for Outlook (it doesn't have to be) then it is still
Word and all Word's functions remain available including the ability to open
another document or documents from the file menu. If it isn't the editor,
then Outlook and Word are completely separate applications.

Old November 14th 06, 11:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Laverne

I agree with what you are saying, but:
When using Outlook and I am editing an email message and go
to the "File" and click on it. I do not see anything that would allow me to
access a Word
document as I am trying to do.

Wouldn’t it be nice to have two Microsoft applications work seamlessly?
However, the apps, do not, they are Microsoft apps.

You said “(it doesn't have to be)”, I tried to change to HTML but I could
not get it to work.
What do I have to do to invoke the different editor?

Since Outlook does not allow a Word document to be evoked.
I will use my work around, compose in Word and when finished calling up other
Word documents for references,
copy my composed document, exit word, and invoke Outlook and past
my document into Outlooks email.

Old November 15th 06, 04:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

From Outlook, select tools options mail format. Is 'Use Microsoft Word
to edit e-mails' checked. If it is then the file menu should be exactly the
same as it is whenever else you use Word. If it isn't then you are using
Outlook's own editor and Word is a separate application.Neither setting
should prevent you having Word documents and e-mail messages edited at the
same time.

While in Word, check tools options view windows in taskbar, so that
Word will 'appear' as separate applications for each open document.

Old November 15th 06, 05:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Laverne

Sorry Mr. Mayor;

Outlook does not work as you stated.

Outlooks File menu does not contain an entry to access Word.

Go ahead and try to find an access to word from Outlook.

If you find a link from Outlook to Open a Word document,
Please show me how.

You can not access a Word document while using Outlooks emails use of that
version of Word. Again; Outlooks File menu does not have a link to Word.

I hope you understand what I am trying to do. It is simple and can not be
done.

Please try it and you will see.

Laverne R. George

Call me if you would like.
908-295-7551

Thanks for trying to help me.

From Outlook, select tools options mail format. Is 'Use Microsoft Word

Old November 15th 06, 06:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Laverne wrote:
Sorry Mr. Mayor;

Outlook does not work as you stated.

Which version of Outlook is this? It works exactly as I said in the current
version

Outlooks File menu does not contain an entry to access Word.

I didn't say that it did, it is the Word e-mail editor file menu that I was
referring to - given that you were asking about accessing a Word document
from e-mail I assumed this was obvious

Go ahead and try to find an access to word from Outlook.

Word and Outlook are separate programs - Word can be available as Outlook's
e-mail editor. I have explained how.

If you find a link from Outlook to Open a Word document,
Please show me how.

I did - several times!

You can not access a Word document while using Outlooks emails use of
that version of Word. Again; Outlooks File menu does not have a link
to Word.

Yes you can (certainly from Office 2000 to the present)! Read again what I
have written!

I hope you understand what I am trying to do. It is simple and can
not be done.

Clearly I don't understand what you are not seeing in my replies

If all you want is a button to activate Word while you have Outlook on
screen, then add Word to the Windows quick launch toolbar where it will
always be available.

Please try it and you will see.

I already did - otherwise I wouldn't have bothered to reply.

Laverne R. George

Call me if you would like.

I live on the other side of the world from you and so will not be calling -
the same cannot be said for all the crackpots who now know your phone
number. It is unwise to put personal information in public forums especially
telephone numbers and e-mail addresses

Thanks for trying to help me.

You are welcome

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

From Outlook, select tools options mail format. Is 'Use
Microsoft Word to edit e-mails' checked. If it is then the file menu

Old November 15th 06, 05:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Laverne

I am on Outlook 2003 SP2

Please try this:

Open Outlook
Open an email session:

Go to your Word Icon and try to open a word session.

You can't do it Word will not let you.

Thanks

Laverne

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

[...]