Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rpb_syn rpb_syn is offline

Default How do I add the delete funtion to the ribbon

Hi and thanks in advance for your time and assistance. First off I'm new to
office 2007. Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

My question relates to Word. In earlier versions of word, I was able to open
a word document, view the content etc. However; if I decided I didn't need to
keep the document I could delete it, right there by going to the tool bar and
clicking the delete button and there by deleting the file and removing it to
the trash.

I have searched through all the tool bars and sub menus, even the custom
menus and I can't seem to find the delete function. Is this no longer an
option? Or is this function hidden some where deep within the program. Is it
renamed?
Help I going nuts...
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Perhaps you are thinking of using the Open dialog box to delete files, in a
similar way that you can delete files from an Explorer window in Windows? To
display the Open dialog box in Word 2007, you can press Ctrl+O.

Note that if you were really managing files from within Word, you must have
been using a very old version. As far as I know, file management within the
word processor was only available in pre-Windows 95 applications. (I recall
that I could do it with Lotus AmiPro 3.x.)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"rpb_syn" wrote in message
news
Hi and thanks in advance for your time and assistance. First off I'm new
office 2007. Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

My question relates to Word. In earlier versions of word, I was able to
open
a word document, view the content etc. However; if I decided I didn't need
keep the document I could delete it, right there by going to the tool bar
and
clicking the delete button and there by deleting the file and removing it
the trash.

I have searched through all the tool bars and sub menus, even the custom
menus and I can't seem to find the delete function. Is this no longer an
option? Or is this function hidden some where deep within the program. Is
it
renamed?
Help I going nuts...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You are welcome.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"rpb_syn" wrote:

[...]

How do I remove table column funtion ? C J Cat Microsoft Word Help 1 September 11th 06 09:15 PM
If funtion help fetzer New Users 1 July 2nd 05 04:36 PM
Date funtion bmspear Mailmerge 2 April 8th 05 10:41 PM
Why is the footnote funtion grey? Kmac Page Layout 1 February 10th 05 12:15 AM
Nesting IF statments in BARCODE funtion.. S Stone Mailmerge 0 December 30th 04 01:53 AM