Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
stormynk

Default Alpha numeric page numbering

I am trying to set up page numbering with S1-1 as one section, S2-2 as a
second section, S2 Ex. A-1 as a third section and S3-1 as the last section.
I need these page numbers to appear in the TOC.

I have only been able to get S1-1
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/ChapterNumber.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
stormynk

I am going to try your suggestion but, to make sure we are on the same page:

My document starts out with regular page numbers. Using Headings Styles One
and Two for the TOC.

Then I need the following items to also appear in the TOC

Section one is an Exhibit (Exhibit A) with page numbers S1-1, S1-2, S1-3
Section two is a Supplement (Supplement 1) with page numbers S2-1, S2-2, S2-3
Section Three is an Exhibit to Supplement two (Exhibit A to Supplement Two)
with page numbers S2 Ex. A-1, S2 Ex. A-2, S2 Ex. A-3
and Section Four is a Supplement (Supplement Three) with page numbers S3-1,
S3-2, S3-3

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

stormynk wrote:
I am trying to set up page numbering with S1-1 as one section, S2-2
as a second section, S2 Ex. A-1 as a third section and S3-1 as the
last section. I need these page numbers to appear in the TOC.

I have only been able to get S1-1

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/ChapterNumber.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Looking again at the web page I cited, I don't think it's going to
work. That method depends on using automatic numbering of the chapters
(step 2) to make the "Include chapter number" option work (step 6c).
There's no way I can think of to get the "S2 Ex. A-" stuck into the
middle of the sequence.

You may have to (a) complete all editing of the document so there will
be no more repagination, using either StyleRef fields or hard-set
chapter numbers in the page numbering in the headers/footers; (b)
create and update the TOC with ordinary page numbers; (c) unlink the
TOC field (Ctrl+Shift+F9); and (d) insert the chapter numbers in front
of the page numbers by hand.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman