Courteney

Default Two tables of contents

I need to set up a table of content for the first part of my paper, the first
two section, table of contents and table of authorities as roman numerals,
then the next section needs to start with numbers starting at 1? I am able to
create one table of contents but am unable to divide it up can anybody help
me please?
Thanks

macropod

Hi Courteney,

It's not entirely clear to me what the problem is:

If you use Section breaks to separate the pages requiring roman numerals
from the remainder, and format each Section to start as page #1, your TOC
should correctly set the page numbers to match.

If you need two separate TOCs, then you'll need to bookmark each of the area
of the document each TOC is to cover, then create the two TOCs pointing to
their respective bookmarks. See the /b switch under Insert|Field|TOC|Options

Cheers