Mali

Default Formatting - UPPERCASE to Title Case

Hi, I am using excel as the database for a mail merge document. But all the
data is in uppercase format, is there any way I can change this format to
Title Case without having to go throuth each letter merged?
Doug Robbins

Use the Excel data source as the basis of a catalog (or in Word XP and
later, a directory) type mailmerge in the main document of which you insert
the mergefields into the cells of a one row table. After you execute the
merge, select the necessary columns and use the Change Case item on the
Formatting toolbar in Word to select Title Case. Then add a row at the top
of the file into which you insert mergefield names for each column, save the
document and then use it as the data source for the formletter mailmerge.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP