Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
No Name

Default misbehaving ToC quandry

I've been fighting with a Table of Contents problem that I just cannot
figure out.

This is a document in Word 2002 (used within Windows XP). When its ToC is
updated it consistently gives the wrong page for one entry.

I created a skeleton version of the document, replacing actual text with the
word "text" to keep things simple, and placed this document at:

http://www.hold.orthohelp.com/problemToC.DOC

The problem has to do with the ToC entry for "Part I A Little History"

which the ToC consistently shows as being on page 2, even though it actually
is on page 1.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this? I've looked at the show/hide
codes but just cannot figure out why it is doing this. Any help would be
appreciated.

Jeff