Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Judy M Judy M is offline

Default page colour will not print in Vista Word Home Pemium

I changed colours under Tools, Internet options, to use optional colours but
it did not apply itself to Word document. Is there any way to apply page
colour to Vista Word? I need a positive answer yes or no that you can alter
the colour background on Word. If you know how to apply page colour, please
advise.
Thank you
Judy M
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

First of all, there's no such thing as "Vista Word." I assume you're
referring to Word 2007. Yes, you can appy a color page background, but it
doesn't print by default (it's much more economical to use colored paper).
To make it print, you must check the box for "Print background colors and
images" in Office Button | Word Options | Display: Printing options.

But be aware that the color will almost certainly not print to the edge of
the page. Desktop printers all have an irreducible unprintable area. Even
photo printers that can print "borderless" may do so only for certain small
paper sizes (with a special carrier) or if you change a specific setting in
the printer Properties. And printing a colored background does use a *lot*
of ink.

"Judy M" Judy wrote in message
I changed colours under Tools, Internet options, to use optional colours
but
it did not apply itself to Word document. Is there any way to apply page
colour to Vista Word? I need a positive answer yes or no that you can
alter
the colour background on Word. If you know how to apply page colour,
please
advise.
Thank you
Judy M

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Judy M[_2_] Judy M[_2_] is offline

Thank you for your quick reply Susan. Yes, you are correct I meant Word 2007.
I am now clear and understand. Many thanks for your quick and efficient
reply.
Kindest regards
Judy M