Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Richard L. Richard L. is offline

Default Word 2007 line spacing

I am a novice and when I go to create a word document it appears that the
computer defaults to double line spacing, and I want single line spacing.
This is probably a simple matter for some, but I cannot seem to make it
single space. Help, I am writing a resume, which must be 1 page. Thanks
--
Richard Las Vegas
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

This is the "normal" style in 2007. There should be another style called (I
think), no space which does what you want. Or, if you hold down the shift key
when you press Enter it will avoid a space.
--
Rae Drysdale

"Richard L." wrote:

I am a novice and when I go to create a word document it appears that the
computer defaults to double line spacing, and I want single line spacing.
This is probably a simple matter for some, but I cannot seem to make it
single space. Help, I am writing a resume, which must be 1 page. Thanks
--
Richard Las Vegas

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The default settings for Word 2007 are line spacing = 1.15 (instead of single)
and space after = 10 points. The best place to fix this is in the default
settings. Home ribbon Paragraph group Arrow at bottom right Styles
pane Manage styles Set defaults tab. Change the settings to the way you
want them, Then click the radio button before "New documents based on this
template" to save the changes to (usually) Normal.dotm. If you have not
changed the normal style, it should take on the new default settings. If it
does not, then modify normal style to the same settings you made in the
defaults.

PamC

Richard L. wrote:
I am a novice and when I go to create a word document it appears that the
computer defaults to double line spacing, and I want single line spacing.
This is probably a simple matter for some, but I cannot seem to make it
single space. Help, I am writing a resume, which must be 1 page. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Henry B Henry B is offline

Rae:
Thank you. This was an easy fix to the same question which I also have been
dealing with,
--
Henry B