Phil

Default Cannot Print outline

Word 97. I have a 66 page document and wish to print anonly the outline. I
go to outline mode, it looks fine and want this to print but it continuously
prints the 66 pages and haven't a clue as to what I'm doing wrong. The Print
Preview always shows the 66 page version even in Outline mode. I tried to
cope the outline and paste onto a new Word document but it carries the 66
page version. After tinkering with it for an hour I accidentally printed the
outline, don't know how I did it, and can't repeat this accident. Plse help.
Tks Phil
garfield-n-odie

Hi, Phil. Dunno about Word 97 anymore... In Word 2002, if you go to Outline
view, show whatever you want to show on the screen, and click on File |
Print, you will get whatever is displayed on the screen. If you go to Print
Preview and then click on Print, you get the whole document regardless of
what is displayed on the screen. So in Word 2002, the trick to printing
exactly what you see on the screen in Outline view is to not use Print
Preview.