sally r via OfficeKB.com

Default Email Mail Merge problem

Hi
I was wondering if anyone can help?

At work I use MSWord 2002 and MSOutlook 2003 and frequently use it for email
mail merges sucessfully.

At home I have MSword 2002 and Outlook 2002 and have found a really
frustrating problem.

In word when I select tools and then letters and mailings and then mail merge
wizard the first stage of the wizard asks 'What type of document are you
working on' - the list is the same as the one on my work computer except it
does not have 'email messages' as an option.

I was wondering if anyone can help. I have checked that outlook is my
default email system on my home PC but that has not made a difference. When
I look the help option it says my system must have a MAP Icompatibel email
programme such as outlook - which I do have so I was wondering if somehow
word is not detecting this?

Any help gratefully recieved as this is driving me crazy!

--
sally

Graham Mayor

You may find the merge toolbar more useful than the wizard - see

As for the lack of the e-mail option, if you are unable to merge with
Outlook to e-mail, check that your win.ini file (in the Windows folder)
contains the following section

[Mail]
MAPI=1
CMCDLLNAME32=mapi32.dll
CMCDLLNAME=mapi.dll
CMC=1
MAPIX=1
MAPIXVER=1.0.0.1

sally r via OfficeKB.com wrote:
[...]

sally r via OfficeKB.com

Graham - you're a genuis - sorting out my win.ini file as you suggested
solved the problem - I am very grateful - many thanks,
Sally

Graham Mayor wrote:
You may find the merge toolbar more useful than the wizard - see

As for the lack of the e-mail option, if you are unable to merge with
Outlook to e-mail, check that your win.ini file (in the Windows folder)
contains the following section

[Mail]
MAPI=1
CMCDLLNAME32=mapi32.dll
CMCDLLNAME=mapi.dll
CMC=1
MAPIX=1
MAPIXVER=1.0.0.1

Hi
I was wondering if anyone can help?

[quoted text clipped - 17 lines]

Any help gratefully recieved as this is driving me crazy!

Mail Merge dominator Mailmerge 2 June 23rd 05 02:23 PM
Mail Merge Word/OutLook Express Date Missing causes email bounces? Biffo Mailmerge 0 May 19th 05 01:35 PM
including email message with "mail merge with attachment" Lu Mailmerge 0 February 17th 05 09:51 PM
Mail merge data source problem campwes Mailmerge 1 January 25th 05 07:16 PM
Mail Merge Problem Cindy M -WordMVP- Mailmerge 0 November 30th 04 05:25 PM