Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ThePolymathicMonk

Default Are index enries in Word case sensitive?

Are index entries for word case sensitive? I am creating an index using a
concordance file and and need to know if I have to create different entris
for words like "Analog" and "analog"?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie

Yes, the concordance file is case sensitive. You would need to
enter both "Analog" and "analog", as well as other forms of the
word (such as analogs, analogy, and analogous) in the concordance
file.

Note that Word marks only the first occurrence of an entry in
each paragraph. This might be an issue if an entry appears
several times in a single paragraph that spans two or more pages.