Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sharon Roffey

Default Copying and pasting formatted text into older versions of Word ...

Hi all,

I have developed a user guide template that is heavily styles driven. It was
developed in Word XP but a number of users will be using earlier versions of
Word. I know that the default is to keep source formatting when
copying/pasting between documents regardless of the underlying template but
.... does this apply when copying to documents in earlier versions of Word
(perhaps as far back as Word 6.0!!)?

If it's not automatic in earlier versions what should I tell these users to
do? If anyone dare says "upgrade to a later version" ...!! ;-)

BTW, when I developed the template I used "switch off all features after
Word 6.0" (just to be sure). I figured that would be a safe thing to do???

Any advice, suggestions, highly appreciated.

Sharon