Laine

Default How do I find card suit symbols for Word?

Hi,
I'm trying to find the symbols for card suits to do written card notes in
word - heart, diamond, spade & club? That way I don't actually have to write
the words and it'll look more professional. Thanks EK

TF

They are in the Symbol font set, which is standard in all versions.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Laine" wrote in message
news : Hi,
: I'm trying to find the symbols for card suits to do written card notes in
: word - heart, diamond, spade & club? That way I don't actually have to
write
: the words and it'll look more professional. Thanks EK

Alasdair Crockett

Hi Laine,
this process is quite easy, on your tool bar select Insert, dropdown menu
appears, select symbol, on symbol tab font click on down arrow and select
(normal text) your subset wil be Box Drawing, there you will find your card
signs ™* ™£ ™¥ etc, just select the sign you want to insert into your text and
click on the insert buton and your card sign will be inserted into your
document. Repeat as required.
Hope this helps,
Regards,
Alasdair.
"Laine" wrote:
Hi,
I'm trying to find the symbols for card suits to do written card notes in
word - heart, diamond, spade & club? That way I don't actually have to write
the words and it'll look more professional. Thanks EK

Alasdair Crockett

Hi Suzanne,
Box Drawing is only the sub set of the (normal text) and as you can see I
offered 3 examples of the cards he wanted to display from the (normal text)
but you are also right about finding the same symbols in Miscellaneous
Dingbats,
Regards,
Alasdair.

"Laine" wrote:
Hi,
I'm trying to find the symbols for card suits to do written card notes

in
word - heart, diamond, spade & club? That way I don't actually have to

write
the words and it'll look more professional. Thanks EK

I am sorry to have to keep challenging you, but in fact if you will select
one of the characters you inserted, you will see that they are in the
Miscellaneous Dingbats character subset. It is true that you can view them
in Insert | Symbol with Box Drawing displayed in the Subset window, but in
fact if you will select a club, spade, heart, or diamond, you will see that
the Subset window now says "Miscellaneous Dingbats." There are no card face
characters in the Box Drawing subset (not even in Arial Unicode MS), and it
wouldn't make sense for there to be so. The Symbol dialog (especially in
"(normal text)" often displays more than one subset in a given frame because
only a few characters from a given subset are included in the font.

"Alasdair Crockett" wrote in
message ...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

They're in Miscellaneous Dingbats, not Box Drawing.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Laine" wrote:
Hi,
I'm trying to find the symbols for card suits to do written card

notes
in
word - heart, diamond, spade & club? That way I don't actually have

write
the words and it'll look more professional. Thanks EK

Alasdair Crockett

Dear Suzanne,
I do not feel that you are challenging me at all, and infact I am learning
from you all the time so keep it up. It is only with MVP's such as your good
self that I to improve my Knowledge base.
So keep up the good work,
Kindest regards,
Alasdair.