Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
akkrug akkrug is offline

Default Updating Fillable Word Document without clearing form field conten

One of our users wants to be able to modify a fillable Word form but keep the
contents of the existing form fields intact. They have a questionnaire that
they want to add new questions to, but they don't want to wipe out the
answers to the existing questions that are saved in form fields on the form.
Any idea how we can do this? Would Mailmerge work for this situation or
possibly Access?

Thanks for the help.

Ken K. - 2191
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

Have them display the Forms toolbar, and toggle the protection using the
padlock icon.

You could also program a macro button for them to use to toggle protection
on and off. This is the code that I use:

Sub proToggleFormLock()

'Toggle the Protection on and off

If ActiveDocument.ProtectionType = wdAllowOnlyFormFields Then

ActiveDocument.Unprotect Password:="mypassword"

Else

ActiveDocument.Protect Password:="mypassword", NoReset:=True,
Type:= _

wdAllowOnlyFormFields

End If

End Sub

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message was posted to a newsgroup, Please post replies and questions
to the group so that others can learn as well.
"akkrug" wrote in message
One of our users wants to be able to modify a fillable Word form but keep
the
contents of the existing form fields intact. They have a questionnaire that
they want to add new questions to, but they don't want to wipe out the
answers to the existing questions that are saved in form fields on the form.
Any idea how we can do this? Would Mailmerge work for this situation or
possibly Access?

Thanks for the help.

Ken K. - 2191

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
akkrug akkrug is offline

Default Updating Fillable Word Document without clearing form field co

Dawn,

Thanks so much. Your macro works very well!!

Ken K. - 2191
--
akkrug