Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JLRussell JLRussell is offline

Default How do I create a custom label template in Word?

In Word 2003, I found it easy to create a custom label template, adjustnig
the margins of a standard Avery label size to accomodate my school's
pre-printed logo & return address, but I can't seem to do this in Word 2007.
When I click on "New Label" and adjust the margins, I get a dialog box that
says "The margins, label size, and number across or down values produce a
page that is larger than the label page size." I don't want to change the
size of the label - just where the printing is located on the label. I don't
know why the program thinks that changing the margins changes the size of the
label itself. Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you transfer the measurements from your Word 2003 custom label dialog to
the Word 2007 dialog, the label should work in just the same way.
Use a ruler to mark off the unavailable space on a sheet of your labels -
and then create a new label format based on the space left.
Or see http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm