Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DJ DJ is offline

Default Word 2003 hyperlink doesn't work

OK, I created this form (a check list) with check boxes. In order to enable
this form so others can just click to check the box when the task is
complete, I have to select the "protect form" button. However, when I do
that, the hyperlink button doesn't work. I'd like for the end user be able
to go to the required documents to finish their tasks, check off their tasks,
and then be able to save it. . . without having to constantly push the
"protect form" button so they can check off their task, then click it again
to follow the hyperlink, then click it again. . . etc.

Am I doing something wrong? Why does the hyperlink only work when it is not
protected with a control+click to follow the hyperlink? In protected it
still says to "control+click" to follow hyperlink, but it doesn't work.

Is there another way in Word to do this or is there another program I should
be using for a simple checkbox and hyperlink (and save) functions?

Word 2003
Windows XP Pro

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Bear[_2_] Bear[_2_] is offline

DJ:

If you're only using a form to get some check boxes in place, you may want
to use a different technique to produce the check boxes, and thereby avoid a
host of behavior changes that come with protecting for forms.

One simple alternate is the MacroButton field. Read all about it he

http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm

--
Windows XP, Word 2000