Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Marco eor2007 Marco eor2007 is offline

Default Office 2007 button is not colored in word, excel

reboot does not fix the issue. This is an administrator complete office 2007
installation. The office button logo was colored for a couple of days and now
is gray for a large number of users.
Why?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Marco eor2007 Marco eor2007 is offline

Word option, resources, shows activate button, and by clicking it answers yes.
Good try, but it does not solve the issue

Marco eor2007 wrote:
reboot does not fix the issue. This is an administrator complete
office 2007 installation. The office button logo was colored for a
couple of days and now is gray for a large number of users.
Why?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Marco,

There are several items that can do this.

Check that the control panel accessibility options for 'High contrast' haven't been turned on and that your monitor color settings
are set (or change then set back to) 32 bit color, and restart the PC.

=========
"Marco eor2007" wrote in message

news Word option, resources, shows activate button, and by clicking it answers yes.
Good try, but it does not solve the issue
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Marco eor2007 Marco eor2007 is offline

Excellent direction--You ruled out office preferences for me. I started
looking into the video driver, installed the latest and voila, color is back.
ONE problem, as soon as I attached a second monitor to my laptop the problem
came back. Most of the users that reported the problem had a "bad" resolution
choice for their old driver or a second attached monitor. Is there any way to
go around that? I could not figure out any settings for my ATI MOBILITY
FireGL V5200,ATI catalyst control (T60p IBM thinkpad)