Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sharon

Default Word pad

Hi Everyone,
I hope everyone is having a great day. My question is that
I am trying to open a file in my secondary hard drive which is a word pad
document, but everytime I click on to it to open it, it comes up with "Can
not load word for windows 6.0 files". I have now got Windows XP and I have
put a secondary hard drive (D with my Main hard drive (C but I can't seem
to open it, this is very inperative that I can open it. Please help me, much
appreciated.

Regards
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883090/en-us "Error message
when you open a document file in Windows XP Service Pack 2".

Sharon wrote:

Hi Everyone,
I hope everyone is having a great day. My question is that
I am trying to open a file in my secondary hard drive which is a word pad
document, but everytime I click on to it to open it, it comes up with "Can
not load word for windows 6.0 files". I have now got Windows XP and I have
put a secondary hard drive (D with my Main hard drive (C but I can't seem
to open it, this is very inperative that I can open it. Please help me, much
appreciated.

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sharon

Thank You very much for helping me but it did not wrong it is still saying
cannot load word for windows 6.0 files. i tried as you asked but to no avail
it couldn't open.

Much appreciated.
Kind Regards Sharon

Sharon wrote:

Hi Everyone,
I hope everyone is having a great day. My question is that
I am trying to open a file in my secondary hard drive which is a word pad
document, but everytime I click on to it to open it, it comes up with "Can
not load word for windows 6.0 files". I have now got Windows XP and I have
put a secondary hard drive (D with my Main hard drive (C but I can't seem
to open it, this is very inperative that I can open it. Please help me, much
appreciated.

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

An alternative to using Wordpad would be to download and install
the free Word 2003 Viewer from
..

Sharon wrote:

Hi Everyone,
I hope everyone is having a great day. My question is that
I am trying to open a file in my secondary hard drive which is a word pad
document, but everytime I click on to it to open it, it comes up with "Can
not load word for windows 6.0 files". I have now got Windows XP and I have
put a secondary hard drive (D with my Main hard drive (C but I can't seem
to open it, this is very inperative that I can open it. Please help me, much
appreciated.

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sharon

What is my hard disk? Sorry I have forgotten alot of things about computers,
It has been a long day and I am getting annoyed. please garfield-n-odie if
you can help me go through the steps it would be much appreciated.

Sharon wrote:

Hi Everyone,
I hope everyone is having a great day. My question is that
I am trying to open a file in my secondary hard drive which is a word pad
document, but everytime I click on to it to open it, it comes up with "Can
not load word for windows 6.0 files". I have now got Windows XP and I have
put a secondary hard drive (D with my Main hard drive (C but I can't seem
to open it, this is very inperative that I can open it. Please help me, much
appreciated.

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sharon

Hello everyone,
I have tried everything that garfield-n-oldie had told
me to do, I have modify the windows registry...didn't work, I installed the
free word 2003 viewer...didn't work all I have now is funny pictures/signs in
place of the writing. Can someone please help me decode this problem and
allow me to open my wordpad document.

Thank you...Have a good night.
Regards Sharon

"Sharon" wrote:

Hi Everyone,
I hope everyone is having a great day. My question is that
I am trying to open a file in my secondary hard drive which is a word pad
document, but everytime I click on to it to open it, it comes up with "Can
not load word for windows 6.0 files". I have now got Windows XP and I have
put a secondary hard drive (D with my Main hard drive (C but I can't seem
to open it, this is very inperative that I can open it. Please help me, much
appreciated.

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sharon

Hi Suzanne,
I tried to open it in Word pad but it won't open. When I put my
secondary hard drive in with the main hard hard drive which is now Windows XP
as I had an old computer with the basics back then it doesn't seem to work.
Regards Sharon

"Sharon" wrote:

Hi Everyone,
I hope everyone is having a great day. My question is

that
I am trying to open a file in my secondary hard drive which is a word

pad
document, but everytime I click on to it to open it, it comes up with

"Can
not load word for windows 6.0 files". I have now got Windows XP and I

have
put a secondary hard drive (D with my Main hard drive (C but I can't

seem
to open it, this is very inperative that I can open it. Please help me,

much
appreciated.

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sharon

I have tried to open it in word pad but I can't seem to find it in my system.
I know it was in my secondary hard drive then I got it put in with my Main
drive. I t is still in my system but I can't find it in my word pad. HELP ME
PLEASE.

"Sharon" wrote:

Hi Everyone,
I hope everyone is having a great day. My question is

that
I am trying to open a file in my secondary hard drive which is a word

pad
document, but everytime I click on to it to open it, it comes up with

"Can
not load word for windows 6.0 files". I have now got Windows XP and I

have
put a secondary hard drive (D with my Main hard drive (C but I can't

seem
to open it, this is very inperative that I can open it. Please help me,

much
appreciated.

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Wordpad is part of Windows. Have you looked on the Programs menu under
Accessories?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Is there some reason you're not opening this in WordPad?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Sharon" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jay jay is offline

Hi Everyone,
I hope everyoun is having a great day. I was having
the same problem until I found this download, EnableConverters.zip. Go to
this address:
http://helpdesk.graniteschools.org/d...ent.asp?ID=177. Click on
WordPad Cannot Open Word for Windows 6.0 Files and follow the directions.
It is a free download. And IT DOES WORK! I am now able to read my windows
6.0 files. I hope this and will solve the problem.