Carmen

Default Templates and Styles

I have a template that is automatically loaded with the normal.dot. This
template contains a series of macros that produce buttons etc. It also
contains a set of styles. However, every new document only shows the style
from the normal.dot and no options from the additional template. I know I
can copy styles from my custom template to the normal.dot, but I have over
100 users. Is there anyway that styles in a new document can be used from the
custom template and not normal.dot?

Thanks in advance
Anne Troy

Try this, Carmen:
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/macrosvba/...buteMacros.htm
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Carmen" wrote in message
I have a template that is automatically loaded with the normal.dot. This
template contains a series of macros that produce buttons etc. It also
contains a set of styles. However, every new document only shows the style
from the normal.dot and no options from the additional template. I know I
can copy styles from my custom template to the normal.dot, but I have over
100 users. Is there anyway that styles in a new document can be used from
the
custom template and not normal.dot?

Thanks in advance

Charles Kenyon

See http://addbalance.com/word/stylesheet.htm for ideas on adding
stylesheets as global templates. Global templates other than normal.dot do
not automatically distribute styles, it would be unworkable. You can do it
with macros.

See http://addbalance.com/word/movetotemplate.htm for step-by-step
instructions on moving / sharing / copying / backing-up other customizations
including AutoText, AutoCorrect, keyboard assignments, toolbars, macros,
etc.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

Styles Growing Deb Page Layout 12 April 5th 06 10:56 PM
How do I get custom templates to save styles? Kathy Ewing Microsoft Word Help 3 November 4th 05 06:32 PM
Style sheet creation and management utility Greg Huntzinger Microsoft Word Help 5 July 26th 05 10:57 PM
Normal.dot default styles LindaNorcross Microsoft Word Help 3 April 21st 05 12:43 AM
Importing Styles Charles Kenyon New Users 0 November 24th 04 11:38 PM