Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
donna donna is offline

Default Templates and styles

I have created a document and attached a template with styles (that I also
created). If a different person needs to make changes to the file, do they
need the template?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

When you attached the new template, its styles became available to the
document, but only (I believe) insofar as the document contained those
styles. If an editor wanted to apply styles from the template that were not
present in the document, then yes, he/she would need the template;
otherwise, no.

OTOH, it may be that when "Automatically update document styles" is checked,
even the unused styles are made available to the document. You could test
this by looking for a unique style from Template B in the document based on
Template A or by looking at the formatting of a built-in style, not used in
the document, that would be between Template A and Template B.

news